Sri Lanka Development
The Directors of Mattar Estates have been studying the opportunities available for a substantial development in Sri Lanka since 2009, and have made numerous visits since. They have found that their perception of this beautiful Country was indeed a main tourist destination to a Worldwide audience of visitors from all continents wishing to see the Jewel in the Crown of the Indian Ocean.
Potential Marina pictured above
Blue Ocean Island a new multi-functional Eco Tourist Resort will have the Following:
- International Yacht Marina- Yacht Club, Marina Hotel, Yacht Servicing, Brokerage, Fuel Berth, Sailing School and Pool with Bars & Restaurant.
- Marina Wharf with mix of accommodation, Bars and Restaurants.
- 200 Bed 6 star Resort Hotel with Rooms and Chalets, full amenities and dedicated Spa.
- 18 Hole Professional Golf course with a further 9 Hole Course.
- Golf Club with accommodation, Restaurant, Pool and full Leisure facilities.
- 300 Private Villas in 3 different sizes with pools and gardens.
- 300 Bed 5 star Resort Hotel with full facilities, Pools and Spa.
- Service Town of 4 hectares.
- Local Village with housing, school, local hospital.
- Island Resort and Spa with 100 Villas on nearby Island.
- 50 bed Private Hospital + Senior Citizens Residence with 40 rooms.
- Cruise line, Ferry and Inland boat Terminal
- Various Piers and Sea Plane landing areas + 3 Helipads
- New main access road to the island.
- 2 Desalination plants for producing fresh water.
- New Electricity substation for the mainland supply.
- Total 1100 guest bedrooms.
Original Project design by Harsha Fernando (decd) and Richard Wiseham.